A SwagUp is like a bonus or “power-up” that Swagbucks applies to your account. The bonus that you receive from a SwagUp depends on the type that is applied to your account.
Generally, there are two types of SwagUps.
SB Award SwagUp:
This type of SwagUp will add SBs to your account when you conduct the activities that unlock the award. Examples of these include a SwagUp that:
- Doubles the SB you earn for completing the survey
- Awards you a flat amount for completing a survey
- It Doubles the SB you earn when you shop online
- Awards you a flat amount when you shop online
The bonus tied to a Shop Swag Up will credit when you receive the points for your purchase. All Shop Swag Ups have two dates associated with them.
1. The date you need to shop by, which can be found in the terms of the Swag Up.
2. The date the points need to credit by, which is the date shown on your Swag Up Ledger. If you don’t receive the points by that date, you will not receive the credit for your purchase.
Note: MyGiftCardsPlus purchases will not count as a shop transaction
In order to receive the award connected with this SwagUp, you must perform the activity with which it is connected.
A Rebate SwagUp:
This type of SwagUp issues you an SB rebate when you redeem a gift card. For example, you might receive a SwagUp that rebates you 500 SB on your next gift card redemption. If you have this type of SwagUp, when you redeem your SB for a gift card, you will automatically receive 500 SB provided the gift card for which you redeemed your SB is greater than the amount of the SwagUp. In other words, if you redeemed 300 SB for a $3 Amazon Gift Card, you would not receive the 500 SB rebate for which the SwagUp is valid because the rebate amount is greater than the number of SB you cashed in.
You can read a more detailed explanation of this here.
All SwagUps have an expiration date. If you have multiple SwagUps applied to your account for the same type of award, i.e., multiple SwagUps that issue rebates, they are applied on a “First to Expire Basis”.